|Welcome to the Eastside Youth Soccer Association Referees (EYSA Referees) web site dedicated to organizing and assisting the EYSA Referees Program.
EYSA is located in Bellevue, Washington and consists of over 8,000 players and the corresponding Parents, Coaches, and Administrators. We are one of the Associations that exist within the geographical area identified by the Washington State Youth Soccer Association as District II.
We proudly serve the following list of youth soccer clubs:
Navigation around and about our Site is done by clicking on any of the active hyperlinks that look like this, the active graphical elements you'll find distributed throughout the site, or via the Table of Contents which appears at the left edge of virtually all the Site's pages. It is also possible to return to this home page at any time by clicking on our Logo in the upper left corner of any of the site's pages.
In the meantime:
May your whistle be strong and the weather cooperative!
|Local Rules Talks|
There are 5 Local Rules talks planned. If you are new to refereeing and plan to referee U08-U12 recreational games with EYSA, we strongly recommend you attend one of these talks. They last 1 to 1.5 hours. We cover a lot of information you will find very useful. Topics include:
The Local Rules Talks are:
- The difference between USSF rules and the MOD rules EYSA uses for U08-U12 recreational games.
- How to manage a game when you are the referee.
- How do you get paid. When do you get paid.
- Special EYSA Rules - Mercy Rule and No Poaching Rule
- Aug 24 @ 10AM @ South Mercer Playfields, Mercer Island
- Aug 25 @ 6:30PM @ Crossroads Park, Lake Hills
- Aug 27 @ 5PM @ Enatai Elementary, Bellevue
- Aug 28 @ 5PM @ Newport Hills Park, Newport
- Aug 30 @ 10AM @ Costco Fields across from Costco, Issaquah
|Are You a New Referee?|
If you are new to refereeing there is a lot of information about Refereeing within the EYSA area if you go to Information:FAQ
(On the left, click on "Information" then "FAQ.")
There is also information in the Information:Documents section.
(On the left, click on "Information" then "Documents.")
- EYSA 2014 Handbook - Rules for U08-U12 Recreational games within EYSA
- New Certified Referee Guide 2014 - What are the next steps after completing a New Referee Clinic
- EYSA Referee Referee Reference Card - A printable sheet containing the MOD (U08-U12) rules differences
The following paperwork must be on file in order to referee for EYSAReferees.
Everyone needs to apply for Risk Management Assessment (RMA) - no actual paperwork required, just applying online is sufficient.
Under 18 Years Old:
1) Parent/School Form signed by Referee, Parent and School
2) Proof of Age (e.g. copy of birth certificate or Visa)
These forms can be found under "Services", then "Paperwork".
These forms can be uploaded to the website under "Services", "Paperwork" then "Upload". Or they can be mail to us at:
7410 85th Ave SE
Mercer Island, WA 98040
To check the status of your paperwork and your certification go to "Referee" then "Status".
The next matches to be available on our website will be the Summer Tournaments and Jamborees.
The season starts Sept 6th.
- Mercer Island Jamboree on Aug 24
- Lake Hills Jamboree (end of August)